Pixel CO2 FemiLift
FemiLift is a vaginal resurfacing and rejuvenating technique that takes place in the office setting. It combines proven effectiveness of a laser treatment with minimum to no discomfort and very little downtime. FemiLift utilizes CO2 fractional laser technology to stimulate the collagen and elastin to help with overall tightening and elasticity of the vaginal canal.
Am I a good FemiLift candidate?
Appropriate candidates are:
- Women with stress urinary incontinence with activities (i.e. laughing, coughing, sneezing, jumping) secondary to a weak pelvic floor
- Post-menopausal women with dry, atrophic vaginal tissues. Especially women who cannot use topical estrogen
- Women with pain or dryness during sexual activity
- Women with vaginal laxity secondary to childbirth
- Women with minimal to moderate vaginal laxity (“looseness”), who are not severe enough to need complete surgical repair (“vaginoplasty”)
- Women with genital lichen sclerosus
- Women with increased looseness of the labia majora
NOT appropriate candidates are:
- Women with severe vaginal laxity or severe stress urinary incontinence, who are better candidates for surgical repair
- Women with pelvic organ prolapse
- Women with severely tightened, atrophic vaginal tissue that may not accommodate the treatment probe
What does the FemiLift procedure feel like?
You may experience a very brief, sensation as the energy is delivered to your vaginal wall and underlying tissue. During the FemiTight procedure, you may experience a sensation of heat. Each treatment will be based on individual patient tolerance. This procedure causes a tightening of the labia majora, with potential collagen regeneration and deposition as gradual benefit.
Post procedure you may feel a small amount of discomfort. This discomfort is similar to after a pap smear or menstrual cramps; however, this is only temporary and improves quickly. You can expect a minimal about of discharge and possible spotting after the treatment, but this is completely normal and temporary.
How long does it take?
You should allot at least 1.5 hours for your treatment appointments. The actual FemiLift treatments usually take less than 30 minutes. Most of the appointment time is the pre- and post-treatment process. Your exact treatment regimen will depend on your individual condition and what is being treated.
How many treatments will I need?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a gradual process that happens over several treatments, starting with 3 sessions at 4-6 week intervals. Your physician and your response to the procedures will determine the course of treatment that is right for you.
What if I need another treatment, later?
While FemiLift may help reverse the appearance and symptoms of aging, we cannot stop the aging process. For most patients, an annual maintenance treatment is beneficial to maintain results.
Is the FemiLift procedure safe?
FemiLift treatments are safe and effective without the risks and side effects of surgery.
How long before I can return to my normal activities?
Most people can return to their regular activities following the FemiLift procedure with the exception of sexual intercourse, swimming, hot tub use, tampon use, and douching. The healing process usually takes place within the first 3 days, and you usually may resume all activities after 3 days. You will be given detailed instructions for aftercare.