Lactic Acid Peel
What Is A Lactic Acid Peel?
A lactic acid chemical peel is a technique that uses a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the skin by removing its damaged upper most layers. It promotes the growth of a new layer of skin that is smoother and younger-looking. Lactic acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid, is derived from sour milk and is used for the mildest, most gentle of chemical peels. It contains keratolytic AHA that smoothes skin and improves texture and is less irritating and drying, delivering smoother, softer and younger-looking skin while it helps diminish fine lines, acne, and hyperpigmentation (brown spots).
- Lactic Acid – keratolytic AHA that smoothes skin and improves texture and is less irritating and drying
- Gluconic Acid – gentle exfoliant that is excellent on sensitive skins
- Blueberry Fruit Puree – rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Bilberry Fruit Extract – antioxidant that helps strengthen capillaries and has anti-inflammatory properties
- Morus Alba Root Extract (mulberry) – antioxidant and skin brightening properties
How Do Lactic Acid Peels Work?
Lactic acid functions as an exfoliant on the skin. Its acid helps dissolve the glue-like substance that binds the outermost surface skin cells together, so that old skin cells are sloughed off to reveal fresher skin cells underneath.
What Are The Benefits?
A lactic acid peel does not come with the skin irritation or recovery time of deeper chemical peels, and it is therefore a good choice for people with sensitive skin or who have rosacea. It is also free of risks or complications, making it a good choice for those new to chemical peels.
Lactic Acid Peel Results:
Because a lactic acid peel is so gentle, results are not as intense as with other chemical peels. A series of up to eight sessions may be required to achieve full results, with “maintenance” lactic peel treatments thereafter.
What Can A Lactic Acid Peel Treat?
- Acne grades I & II
- Sun damaged skin
What lactic acid peels can NOT do:
- Remove loose or sagging skin
- Improve deep scars
- Change pore size
If you are interested in a lactic acid peel or other chemical peel treatments, contact Lloyd Dermatology Center at (330)-758-9189