Salicylic Acid Peel
A Salicylic Acid Peel is an antiseptic exfoliant that deeply cleanses pores. It provides excellent treatment for acne and aids in overall skin rejuvenation. Salicylic Acid, a Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA), is a highly effective peeling agent and is one of the most effective ingredients to battle oily skin. Although it is ideal for oily/acneic skin, clogged pores and seborrheic dermatitis, it is also beneficial for dehydrated/dry and sensitive skin, sun damaged, dull and uneven skin.
- Salicylic Acid – keratolytic BHA that smoothes skin and improves texture with anti-acne and anti-irritant properties
- Totarol – a natural anti-oxidant botanical with antibacterial and anti-microbal properties
- Cranberry Extract – antioxidant with anti-bacterial properties
- BioAstin (Astaxanthin) – powerful carotenoid antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that is derived from a Hawaiian microalgae
How Salicylic Acid Peels work
Salicylic acid acts as a peeling agent dissolving the upper most top layer of the epidermis and resurfacing the skin, resulting in a smoother and healthier complexion.
Benefits of a Salicylic Acid Peel
It helps reduce acne inflammation, psoriasis, ingrown hairs, wrinkles and fine lines while improving texture and clarity.
Candidates for a Salicylic Acid Peel
If you have any of the following symptoms or conditions, you may be a good candidate for a Salicylic Acid Peel.
- Acne grades I & II
- Sun damaged skin
- Rough skin
What Salicylic Acid peels can NOT do:
- Remove loose or sagging skin
- Improve deep scars
- Change pore size
Contact us today to learn more about Salicylic Acid Peels or to schedule an appointment!